Recipe by COOKGIRl
There are many foods that define summer: corn on cob, root beer floats, watermelon, berries, heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil...! However I was surprised there were no recipes posted on this site for simple peaches and cream! Here's a quick dessert/snack/breakfast item sure to please young and old alike. No extra sugar was added in order to take advantage of and to appreciate the natural sweetness of the peaches. I like to use doughnut peaches (also known as 'saucer' and 'UFO' peaches) but any variety will work. If the skin really bothers you, go ahead and peel the peach-I understand. Nectarines are really delicious prepared this way, too!
- 2 small doughnut peaches, unpeeled and sliced (*NO* canned peaches!)
- 44.37 ml heavy cream (approximately-don't drown the peaches) or 44.37 ml half-and-half (approximately-don't drown the peaches)
- ground cinnamon, to garnish (or cardamom or freshly grated nutmeg)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice up the peaches (I don't bother with peeling them.).
- Arrange in a bowl and pour heavy cream on the top and around the edges.
- If desired, sprinkle lightly with ground cinnamon (or freshly grated nutmeg or ground cardamom).
- Take a whiff then enjoy and savor summer and its bounty!