1/5 Photos of The Definitive Peaches and Cream
There are many foods that define summer: corn on cob, root beer floats, watermelon, berries, heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil...! However I was surprised there were no recipes posted on this site for simple peaches and cream! Here's a quick dessert/snack/breakfast item sure to please young and old alike. No extra sugar was added in order to take advantage of and to appreciate the natural sweetness of the peaches. I like to use doughnut peaches (also known as 'saucer' and 'UFO' peaches) but any variety will work. If the skin really bothers you, go ahead and peel the peach-I understand. Nectarines are really delicious prepared this way, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice up the peaches (I don't bother with peeling them.).
- 2Arrange in a bowl and pour heavy cream on the top and around the edges.
- 3If desired, sprinkle lightly with ground cinnamon (or freshly grated nutmeg or ground cardamom).
- 4Take a whiff then enjoy and savor summer and its bounty!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Definitive Peaches and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.6
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 17.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g