Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
"This recipe is great for breakfast right out of the oven and works beautifully for brunch, since it keeps well on a warming tray. For a light supper, use a mix of red and green peppers and shredded cheddar cheese in place of the Monterey Jack. Top with garden-fresh tomatoes." -- Captain Dibbell House, Clinton, Connecticut
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, cut into small pieces
- Beat the eggs with a whisk, then add the flour and baking powder, mixing well. Stir in the cottage cheese, Jack cheese, mushrooms, and broccoli and pour into a greased or sprayed 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until set, about 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with bacon or sausage links (cut in half).