Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this out of AllYou magazine and I just love it!
- 3 lbs lean ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup frank's red hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup thick blue cheese dressing
- Combine chuck, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Gently blend with a fork. Use moistened hands to form 8 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and vinegar until blended. In a separate small bowl, stir together hot sauce, butter and honey until blended.
- Grill or broil burgers over moderate heat (about 5 inches from heat source) on one side for 5 minutes. Carefully turn and cook on other side for about 4 minutes for medium-rare burgers. Toast buns. Spread 1/2 tablespoons blue cheese mixture on bottom of buns and top each with a burger. Spoon hot sauce mixture on top, drizzle with dressing, top with remaining bun half and serve immediately with assorted toppings, if desired.