Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am not a chicken fan salad lover. But I just love this chicken salad. It is the only chicken salad I will eat ( mine.) I make it least twice a week. I hope you love it just as much as me.
- 1 fresh boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons real mayo mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced celery
- Boil chicken in water until chicken is throughly cooked through. This usually takes about 30 minutes.
- Remove from pot and let cool in container or bowl.
- Chicken cools pretty quickly, usually about 10 minutes. When you can handle it, start shedding it, or take 2 sharp knives and cut them up. It will cool off the chicken quicker if it is cut up.
- After it cools completely, add garlic salt, and pepper.
- Add real mayo and celery.
- Serve between 2 slices of your favorite bread.
- The garlic salt is the secret ingredient to this chicken salad.
Very simple and very yummy! This was really nice with fresh bread. Thanks Denise for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
Simple chicken salad is the best! This is how I have always made mine although I never measure so I would guess I add a little bit more mayo and celery.
This was good and easy to make. I used more pepper and mayo then the recipe called for. We liked the addition of the garlic salt.