Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet & Sour salad dressing that tastes excellent on your favorite spinach salad or any big-leaf lettuces.
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Depending on taste preference, you can use less (or more) than 1/3 cup of sugar - start out with 1/2 the amount and add more accordingly.
- Place all ingredients in bowl; mix well, place in vinegarette-style container (with lid) and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Tastes best after a day or so in the fridge.
I concur. This is some Dang good salad dressing! The only thing I did different was use fresh onion and add a little garlic. It's very delicate yet bold (it's an enigma ) and a little goes a long way.
We loved this dressing! It is the perfect blend of tangy and sweet. Very different from any red dressing I've had before. Definitely a keeper!
So good! I added some garlic while blending as well, and even a bit of water to thin it down and make it last. Great if you love thick dressing. This is a keeper, thanks.