I found this recipe when I was blog jumping! The cook uses satisfying food with the simplest of ingredients. This is THE BEST lasagna I, and my whole family, have ever tasted. We think it might be the addition of hot breakfast sausage! IT IS SO EASY and YUMMY! This will be a staple FOREVER!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (not shredded)
- 1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package lasagna noodles (I use the No Boiling required variety)
- 1In a large saucepan, combine garlic, ground beef, and sausage.
- 2Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain half the fat, or none at all. It is your preference!
- 3Add tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil, and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and grated parmesan. Stir together well. Set aside.
- 5To assemble:
- 6Arrange lasagna noodles in bottom of a baking pan, overlapping if necessary.
- 7Spoon half of the cottage cheese mixture over noodles. Spread evenly.
- 8Cover cottage cheese with half of the mozzarella slices.
- 9Spoon half of the meat mixture over the top.
- 10Repeat, ending with the meat mixture.
- 11Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese to your liking.
- 12Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until top is hot and bubbly.
- 13Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Lasagna. Ever.
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.5
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 212.9 mg
- Sodium 2111.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 63.3 g