Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe when I was blog jumping! The cook uses satisfying food with the simplest of ingredients. This is THE BEST lasagna I, and my whole family, have ever tasted. We think it might be the addition of hot breakfast sausage! IT IS SO EASY and YUMMY! This will be a staple FOREVER!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 2 (4 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (not shredded)
- 1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package lasagna noodles (I use the No Boiling required variety)
- In a large saucepan, combine garlic, ground beef, and sausage.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain half the fat, or none at all. It is your preference!
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil, and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons parsley, 1 teaspoon salt and grated parmesan. Stir together well. Set aside.
- To assemble:
- Arrange lasagna noodles in bottom of a baking pan, overlapping if necessary.
- Spoon half of the cottage cheese mixture over noodles. Spread evenly.
- Cover cottage cheese with half of the mozzarella slices.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture over the top.
- Repeat, ending with the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese to your liking.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until top is hot and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
This really is a great recipe. I do not recommend no boil noodles, there isn't enough liquid in the recipe to properly soak them. Please give credit where credit is due. The blogger is The Pioneer Woman.