1/4 Photos of The Best Ever Lemon Tart
1 hr 10 mins
I've been making this for family tea for years and years. I think the basis of the recipe came from the back of a supermarket leaflet but I have tweaked it and all I can say about it is when I make one, there's never leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C, Gas Mark 5.
- 2Melt the butter gently and mix together with the flour, icing sugar and water. Press the soft dough into the base and up the sides of a fluted flan ring.
- 3Pierce the base several times and bake blind on a baking tray in the oven for 20 minutes until golden.
- 4Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C, Gas Mark 2.
- 5Grate the rind of the lemon and then juice. Place caster sugar, eggs, cream, in a bowl with the lemon rind and juice. Whisk together until blended, then carefully pour into the cooked pastry case.
- 6Return to the oven and cook for a further 35-40 minutes until set.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Ever Lemon Tart
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 36.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g