Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My lovely step-mother, Jan, is one of the best cooks I know! This Beef Tenderloin is one of her specialty recipes, and it is absolutely mouth-watering delicious! I love it because it is quite fast and easy to cook (after the marinating time), yet, it is perfect for special occasion meals, because it tastes like you slaved over it. Please note that the prep/cooking time does not include the over-night marinating. Please also note that the marinade will come out as a paste (after cooking it)--this is normal (thickened by the cornstarch), and is meant to be place on the top of the meat, as it cooks like a wonderful crust!
- Combine all marinade ingredients in heavy saucepan; mMix well.
- Bring just to boiling point.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Place beef in a glass, enamel, or stainless steel pan.
- Pour cooled marinade over beef, and cover.
- Allow to marinate overnight in fridge.
- Remove from fridge several hours before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place meat in shallow baking pan, and pour marinade over it.
- Roast for 20 minutes, basting with marinade from time to time.
- Reduce heat to 350°F.
- Continue roasting another 20 minutes (or until beef reaches desired doneness).
- Remove from oven and let cool in marinade.
- Cut into thin slices and serve at room temperature.
- NOTE: This is best served rare to med-rare. It is most often done after 40 minutes of roasting, so please be careful not to overcook.
This recipe is an ideal way to ruin a good piece of meat. The marinade flavor does not go with beef and with no salt, what little flavor tenderloin has is masked by the overbearing flavor of the marinade. <br/><br/>If you relish the flavor of beef, avoid this recipe. Instead, brine tenderloin to add moisture and enhance its flavor.
Absolutely fantastic!!! I had never cooked a tenderloin before...purchased a whole one from GFC, watched a couple Youtube videos on how to prepare meat for cooking, followed this recipe to a T and it was amazing. So tender and delicious...Leftovers were wonderful! Loved it and will make it again next holiday or fancy dinner party.
Best Beef Tenderloin I ever made. I recieved more compliments and request for the reciepe than any other dish I have made.Marinated it overnight>.