1/1 Photo of The Best Ever Beef Tenderloin (Filet of Beef)
Helping Hands's Note:
My lovely step-mother, Jan, is one of the best cooks I know! This Beef Tenderloin is one of her specialty recipes, and it is absolutely mouth-watering delicious! I love it because it is quite fast and easy to cook (after the marinating time), yet, it is perfect for special occasion meals, because it tastes like you slaved over it. Please note that the prep/cooking time does not include the over-night marinating. Please also note that the marinade will come out as a paste (after cooking it)--this is normal (thickened by the cornstarch), and is meant to be place on the top of the meat, as it cooks like a wonderful crust!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all marinade ingredients in heavy saucepan; mMix well.
- 2Bring just to boiling point.
- 3Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- 4Place beef in a glass, enamel, or stainless steel pan.
- 5Pour cooled marinade over beef, and cover.
- 6Allow to marinate overnight in fridge.
- 7Remove from fridge several hours before roasting.
- 8Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 9Place meat in shallow baking pan, and pour marinade over it.
- 10Roast for 20 minutes, basting with marinade from time to time.
- 11Reduce heat to 350°F.
- 12Continue roasting another 20 minutes (or until beef reaches desired doneness).
- 13Remove from oven and let cool in marinade.
- 14Cut into thin slices and serve at room temperature.
- 15NOTE: This is best served rare to med-rare. It is most often done after 40 minutes of roasting, so please be careful not to overcook.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Ever Beef Tenderloin (Filet of Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1346.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef