Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful, easy chicken salad. The addition of cole slaw dressing is what makes it taste great. This is great for a crowd. I got this from allrecipes and made if for a 1st communion party. It went over great!
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup creamy salad dressing
- 4 tablespoons coleslaw dressing
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 1. In a food processor, combine the chicken, mayo, coleslaw dressing, celery, onion & lemon juice. Adjust coleslaw dressing & mayo as needed to it doesn't get to "soupy".
- 2. Blend until well mixed. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate until chilled.
- *I chopped my chicken, celery & onion with my pampered chef food chopper. I then added the dressing, mayo & seasonings. It worked great!
I've been making a similar recipe for awhile now (probably got it off allrecipes too!) but mine doesn't have the lemon juice. I love this recipe. The consistency and flavor is like the deli style chicken salad I get at my local grocery store. I have also used the Almost Marzetti Slaw dressing recipe on this site when out of storebought slaw dressing and it works just as well. Great on good bread w/ lettuce or just on crackers. Will try the addition of lemon juice next time!