Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Everytime I have made this, it has been extremely popular for both family and company. Given out the recipe many times. My family often requests this recipe and they never order chicken parmesean when we go out to an Italian restaurant because they say that mine is the best! Which is very flattering!
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces progresso Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jarnewmans own marinara sauce
- italian seasoning
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut or pound chicken breasts to 1/2" thin.
- Rinse chicken breasts in water.
- Mix bread crumbs, flour and parmesean cheese in large bowl.
- Coat both sides of chicken thouroughly in bread crumbs, flour, and parmesean cheese mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, carefully place chicken breasts in and turn to brown on both sides.
- Spread a thin layer of the marinara sauce on bottom of baking pan.
- Drain browned chicken and place on baking pan in a single layer.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle italian spices, then some parmesean cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and hot.
- Take casserole out of oven and turn temperature to broil - 500 degrees. Remember to leave the oven door open a little bit when broiling.
- Top entire casserole with the shredded mozzarella to entirely cover so there will be lots of gooey cheese.
- Sprinkle top of mozzarella with oregano.
- Put back into oven and broil just until mozzarella is light gold in some areas and bubbling. Watch very carefully as it melts very quickly and you don't want to burn it!
- Take out and enjoy the aroma!
- It will be extremely hot right out of the oven.
- For each serving I put my chicken parmesean on top of cooked egg noodles and cover it with the sauce, then sprinkle on even more parmesean cheese.
- Serve and get ready for the oohs and ahhs!
My first time making chicken parm and it was delicious. My picky kids loved it. Will definitely make again.
Just made it exactly as the recipe described and finished eating it. It was truly perfect, best chicken parm I've ever had. I'd give more than 5 stars if I could.
I signed up just so I could rave about this recipe. I was looking for something as a variation on what I usually cook and found this one. It was fantastic. Like others, I used a little less oil and dipped the chicken in egg before dredging for adhesion. The Mrs. loved it.