Pollo Parmigiana ( Aka Chicken Parmesan)
Another restaurant favorite of mine and my family. I usually double the sauce recipe and freeze for later use. The fried chicken pieces also freeze well for a quick dinner later!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced to make 8 then pounded flat
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed roma tomatoes
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 -5 garlic cloves (minced or crushed)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- spaghetti noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- MARINARA SAUCE: cook garlic slowly in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- About 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, salt and basil.
- Let simmer for about a hour.
- CHICKEN: Salt chicken very little.
- Mix about 2-3 tablespoons parmesan cheese in the egg.
- Dip each breast into egg then dust with bread crumbs.
- Fry in skillet in enough oil to coat the skillet.
- Be careful not to burn.
- Brown on a low to medium heat on both sides until chicken is done.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions.
- PREHEAT OVEN 375°.
- In casserole dish place chicken flat.
- Ladle 1 or 2 spoonfuls of sauce on top of each breast put desired amount of grated mozzarella on top.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve over noodles with more sauce.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
- **For added ZIP: Squeeze fresh lemon juice over chicken before you put on the sauce and into the oven!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have made this recipe at least 5 times. The simplicity of the ingredients is the real key here; Although I am often tempted(!)to sprinkle in a little of this or that, I do not add anything extra to the sauce. The only thing I do differently is sprinkle the chicken with the parmesan before dipping it into the egg. Since I never use all the egg, I felt I was wasting too much cheese. Fresh taste, this one is a keeper.Reply