Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The original recipe used yellow cake mix & butterscotch chips. That was good but quoting American Idol judges "I made it my own".
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups lightly salted cashew pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberry chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine cake mix, brown sugar, eggs & vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cashews & 1/2 cup chocolcate chips.
- Pour into an ungreased 9"X13" baking pan.
- Spread batter to edges.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup of cashew pieces and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it passes the clean toothpick test.
- Cool before cutting.
Wow. These turned into a great "brownie-like" treat for us. I couldn't find any flavoured chocolate chips that I liked so I ended up using just normal chocolate chips and a small handful of mint chocolate chips that I had leftover. Next time, I will omit the mint ones. We loved it with just plain chocolate. Thanks for this great recipe. It is so versatile, I can make it up and take it to a meeting at the school (omitting the nuts) or I can serve it to family. So nice to have a fancy dessert that is so effortless! Thanks again Susie!