Prep 14 mins
Cook 14 mins
This was the winner of the 1999 National Beef Cook-Off. Very tasty
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Mix beef, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Shape into four patties, molding to fit the bread.
- Grill the burgers over medium coals, or however else you plan to cook these on or inches Cook until they are good 'n proper. Make sure to flip the patties half-way through, sprinkling with extra salt and pepper.
- While the burgers are cooking, brush both sides of the bread with olive oil. Place the bread on the outer edge of the grill. Grill for a coupa-minutes till it's lightly toasted, turning once, remove from grill. Rub both sides of the bread with the garlic quarters.
- Place a lettuce leaf and a burger on each of the four slices of bread and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese-replace the top.
No wonder it won the contest. Loved the sour dough and garlic combo.