Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Thanksgiving treat for the dogs that are a healthier alternative to table scraps. From the "3 Dogs Bakery Cookbook". My little turkeys gobbled them up. ok ok that was a bad pun. Hope your dog enjoys them.
- 1 cup ground turkey
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a frying pan, cook ground turkey, crumble into small pieces, place on a few paper towels ans set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour and cornmeal.
- In another bowl beat egg, oil and water together, after blended add tarragon.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold in ground turkey. Mix together.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until dough is thoroughly mixed.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Keep refrigerated.
The ladies loved these! I used whole wheat flour and seemed to need a little more water than stated in the recipe. The dough will seem more crumbly than people food, but as long as it holds together when squeezed, you'll be fine.