Recipe by Krystal-Belle
This is something I created as a teenager and I always do the day after Thanksgiving, when all the leftovers are twice as good because they've sat all night and really got the chance to soak up all the flavors! I hope this becomes a post-Thanksgiving tradition at your house too.
Top Review by Rebekah #3
WOW! -Ditto! My brother and I always did this (sometimes even on Thanksgiving day! -Later for seconds, thirds, whatever we were on..ha!) We tried it with cream cheese and even gravy - enough just to give it moisture. YUM! I can almost taste it. Yikes, diet here I come! Thanks for the memories Krystal!
- 1 slice turkey breast (a thick slice of REAL turkey breast, not that store bought stuff!)
- 2 -3 tablespoons cranberry sauce (or 1-2 slices of canned cranberry sauce)
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared stuffing
- 1 hawaiian roll (Hawaiian sweet rolls, the huge ones)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the Hawaiian sweet roll (or you can use a potato bread roll which is equally delicious) and spread each side with mayonnaise to your liking (the more, the merrier for me!).
- Take a big slice of turkey breast right off the bone and lay it down on one half of the roll. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spread stuffing on top of the turkey, then add fresh whole berry cranberry sauce/sliced canned cranberry sauce.
- Put the top piece of bread on the sandwich and go to Thanksgiving heaven on a roll! (also tastes good hot if you microwave it for about 45 seconds on high).