Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
Spicy appetizers. A favorite with family and friends. Original recipe from the Texas Beef Council. I put in more chilis than this calls for.
Top Review by katie in the UP
These are perfect!! Made according to recipe and they were delicious! We grilled them outside..using both bamboo and stainless steel skewers. I did marinate too much meat for the 2 of us..but we are very happy to rerun last nights meal again tonight! Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 3⁄4 cup thick teriyaki sauce (homemade is best)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 ounces fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili peppers, crushed
- 24 skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare basting mixture by mixing teriyaki sauce, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic and crushed red chili peppers.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Cut beef diagonally, against the grain, into 1/4 inch slices.
- Thread each slice onto a skewer.
- (Make sure if you use bamboo they are well soaked or they will burn.) Cover and marinate overnight.
- For each serving: Brush 2 beef ribbons generously with basting mixture.
- Broil or grill to desired doneness, basting once or twice.