Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
We love our potatoes and enjoy these potato cakes, just a little bit different.
- 750 g potatoes, peeled
- 1 small red chile, finely chopped
- 1 (8 cm) piece lemongrass, white part only,finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 8 spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- oil, for pan frying
- sweet chili sauce, for serving
- Grate potatoes, then put in clean tea towel and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Mix potato in bowl with chilli, lemongrass, coriander, spring onions, egg and flour.
- Heat 1.
- 5cm (1/2 inch) oil in a frying pan.
- Use two heaped tablespoons of mixture for each cake and cook in batches for 3- 4 minutes on each side, or until crisp and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm whilst cooking remainder of cakes.
- Serve hot, with sweet chilli sauce.
This is a great side dish!We loved it ,and will make again. Thanks Linda