Recipe by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
This is a very good and easy Thai recipe. I got this from a magazine and changed it a bit to suit my taste.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, grated
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (4) or 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (6)
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 6 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons unsweetened dried shredded coconut, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 8 ingredients and simmer in large pan, stirring now and then about 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach, cilantro, sesame oil, brown sugar and salt.
- Continue to simmer, uncovered until spinach wilts.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with toasted coconut.
- ~***This makes a lot of sauce, you can easily add 2 more chicken breasts***~.
- Serve with jasmine rice.