Couple in Chester County's Note:
Great for a quick dinner or lunch. Brings back memories of when hot dogs were a treat. Serve on a hot dog bun with all the trimmings and a nice salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat water in sauce pan and add dogs and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat and let sit 5 minutes.
- 2Drain dogs and when cool enough to handle split almost all the way thru to open like a book.
- 3Cook bacon in fry pan (No microwave) until almost cooked.
- 4Cut cheddar into 1/4 X 1/4 inch sticks. Put two pieces of cheese in into each dog. Wrap with bacon and secure with tooth pick on each end so that dog sits upright with slit up.
- 5Cook a few minutes on grill pan and turn over and cook until bacon is crisp.
- 6Serve with all the fixings.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas Tommies
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.3
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 701.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: