Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for a quick dinner or lunch. Brings back memories of when hot dogs were a treat. Serve on a hot dog bun with all the trimmings and a nice salad.
- Heat water in sauce pan and add dogs and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat and let sit 5 minutes.
- Drain dogs and when cool enough to handle split almost all the way thru to open like a book.
- Cook bacon in fry pan (No microwave) until almost cooked.
- Cut cheddar into 1/4 X 1/4 inch sticks. Put two pieces of cheese in into each dog. Wrap with bacon and secure with tooth pick on each end so that dog sits upright with slit up.
- Cook a few minutes on grill pan and turn over and cook until bacon is crisp.
- Serve with all the fixings.
I work at our family chip truck and we call these whistle dogs. Everyone that tries these loves them!!! Great for the kids!!