Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These would be great for a bake sale, since they turn out so huge. Tie up with with cellophane and a bow, include the recipe with them.
- 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup apple, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream peanut butter and and butter.
- Add sugar and blend well.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs.
- Sift flour, soda and salt, add to creamed mixture.
- Add rolled oats, wheat germ and apple, mixing well.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup onto cookie sheet and flatten.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from rack.
- Yields: 15 (5 inch) cookies.