1/6 Photos of Texas BBQ Ribs
6 hrs 30 mins
This recipe won 1st place in the 1996 Chilsolm Trail Roundup BBQ cookoff in Fort Worth, Texas. I usually use pork ribs but this works well for beef ribs too.. Baby backs really do not benefit from this cooking method.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare barbeque smoker with hickory or pecan wood.
- 2If you use briquets and woodchips, soak the chips in water.
- 3Rub ribs with dry rub and let set for one hour before starting to smoke.
- 4Smoke ribs slowly over indirect heat, 250 to 275 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.
- 5Wrap ribs in foil, cover meat generously with brown sugar and honey.
- 6Cook meat till rib bone twists and pulls freely out, about 2 1/2 to 3 more hours.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Texas BBQ Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.8
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1352.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.7 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: