Recipe by bshemyshua
Enjoyed these nachos as an appetizer in several restaurants in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. These are authentic. No velveeta cheese sauce here. Number of servings is approximate and depends on your appetite.
- 1 (12 ounce) packageyellow corn tortilla chips (like Doritos plain)
- 2 cups grated longhorn colby cheese or 2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canslivered jalapenos or 1 (12 ounce) jar canned jalapeno slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread tortilla chips on a cookie sheet completely covering cookie sheet so that edges of chips are touching and occasionally overlapping a little.
- Evenly spread grated cheese over tortilla chips.
- Last sprinkle slivered jalapenos over grated cheese, if using jalapenos slices, try to place one slice on each chip.
- Run under broiler, watching carefully until cheese is melted. Serve Hot.