Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick to prepare, protein packed cold salad. Perfect addition to a Tex-Mex style meal.
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole kernel corn niblets, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed (Frijoles Negros)
- 1 (10 ounce) canro*tel mexican diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro, undrained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (optional)
- fresh cilantro, as garnish (optional)
- Combine drained corn niblets, drained and rinsed frijoles negras, Rotel and olive oil in bowl. Chill 2 hours.
- While corn/bean/Rotel mixture chills finely chop 3 cups Romaine into large bowl, cover and place in refrigerator.
- At end of 2 hours combines chilled mixture with Romaine. Garnish with chopped green onion and fresh Cilantro if desired.
- Tip: You can skip the 2 hour chill time if you place the cans of corn, frijoles negras and Rotel in refrigerator earlier in the day.
- Other serving method is to use baby Romaine leaves or other leaf lettuce leaves as little scoops to hold appetizer bites of this salad.