Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my favorite ways to make chicken, and it's incredibly simple. This is one of the recipes my sister Terry put in a little self-published cookbook she gave family members (OMG) thirty years ago as a holiday present. As mine is falling apart, I'm posting these recipes here both to save for me, and to share with everyone.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, bone-in
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (I prefer Madras)
- Preheat the over to 350.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with garlic, curry and honey. Add a dash or two of salt. Stir until well blended.
- Put chicken breasts skin side up in a baking dish, and spread some of the curry mixture over chicken breasts.
- Bake about 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with the curry mixture.
- Serve over white or curried rice. For an extra touch, serve with condiments like chutney and/or chopped peanuts.
To start we like this recipe and will make it again but with more heat. Next time I will add more curry powder and red pepper flakes to heat it up some. The peanuts really added a nice touch. Next time I'll try to have some chutney to go with it.
This is a great recipe. It comes together so easily, and tastes really great, the blend of sweet and spicy is perfect.I followed the recipe exactly, except that I used boneless chicken breasts. I'll probably be using this a a stand-by meal quite often.