Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From my cookbook, "Favorite Recipes from Friends of Citizen Savings". Marinade time counts as cooking time
- 6 filet mignon steaks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup scallion top, chopped fine
- 5 dashes red wine vinegar or 5 dashes garlic
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 cup consomme, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients together in oblong glass dish.
- Place steaks in same.
- Pour mixture over steak fillets that have been punctured several times with a meat fork.
- Let stand a minimum of 6 hours.
- Broil steaks at 350 for 4 minutes each side for rare.
- Baste with teriyaki sauce on each side twice.
- When steaks are ready use remaining sauce by heating and thickening slightly as a gravy.