Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Just another easy scallop recipe. My hubby gave me 5 stars with this one. Very friendly, you can serve this different ways, you can even substitute shrimp.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 4 tablespoons fresh minced mint
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- 2 limes, zest of, grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs scallops
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- In a bowl whisk lime juice and zest along with tequila mint and ginger.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry.
- Place in a plastic bag you can seal (Ziplock type).
- Pour marinade over and seal.
- Marinate 10-20 minutes.
- Divide scallops equally on skewers.
- Broil or grill 2 minutes; turn brush with marinade and then broil or grill 1 1/2 minutes more.
- Serve over rice, a Greek salad or pasta.
These scallops are excellent cooked on a grill - use two skewers per line of scallops to make turning them over a bit easier. You can also skewer them on fragrant twigs of rosemary for an interesting change.