Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another waty to enjoy tequila.
- 4 chiles de arbol (tree chiles)
- 2 lbs cooked and shredded stew meat
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Cook the chiles with the tomatoes for 5 minutes or until soft and mushy. Drain.
- Process previous ingredients and garlic in blender until saucy.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and add the processed mixture.
- When the mixture changes color, add the shredded meat.
- Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Season with salt.
- Pour tequila over it all at once (caution for it might flambee somewhat) and cook till tequila evaporates.