- 1⁄4 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 fluid ounce tequila (2 tbsp)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon unpacked brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast (four, 4 oz pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree onion through to pepper in a blender until smooth.
- Marinate chicken breasts for at least 1 hour.
- They can be marinated for several hours, if desired.
- Heat grill.
- Pat excess marinade off chicken and grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad!