Prep 20 mins
Cook 336 hrs
Tequila, strawberries, kiwi and pineapple come together to make a very refreshing summer drink. We used this at the Mexican bar where I worked to make regular margaritas, or served it on the rocks. It needs a couple weeks for peak flavor, but a few days is ok in a pinch.
- 1 1⁄2 liters good silver tequila
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, stemmed, and halved
- 1 fresh pineapple, quartered lengthwise, and then sliced into triangles
- 7 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced into rings
- I recommend and love Herradura Silver tequila.
- Start with the pineapple in a jar, then make a kiwi layer, then top it off with the strawberries.
- Fill to the top with Herradura Silver and set in a cool dark place for two weeks.
- This does not go bad.
I made this for a tequila party where there were different tequilas for tasting. Everyone raved about this one and wanted the recipe. The flavors blend nicely with a sweet fruit flavor and the sharp bite of tequila. I did let it set for 2 weeks before using it. Drinking it straight, I found I enjoyed it better chilled instead of a room temperature. I still have some left, so I will try it in a margarita soon. Herradura tequila is too pricey for my budget, so I used Cuervo Silver instead.