Recipe by The Queen Bag
I cut this out of my local newspaper in 1988 because the ingredients intrigued me. After making it, I wrote above the printed recipe, "I Love This!! I still do.
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb fettuccine
- 4 ounces butter
- 20 small fresh shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- fresh parmesan cheese
- fresh pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add chopped mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, rinse sun-dried tomatoes in warm water & slice in strips.
- Cook pasta.
- Add walnuts, capers and tomatoes to mushrooms & saute 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add half the cream, stir add sherry.
- Add a few turns of ground pepper, then rest of cream.
- In last minute, sprinkle genrously with fresh Parmesan cheese. If sauce is too thick, add a little more sherry.
- Rinse pasta, put in large bowl, toss with sauce & sprinkle with more cheese.