Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Telba is a healthy and refreshingly creamy beverage. Be careful how much you drink, though. Telba is a mild laxative. From whats4eats.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over low heat. Add the flaxseed and dry roast it in the skillet, stirring, for about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the toasted flaxseed in a spice grinder and grind to a powder. Sift through a medium-mesh sieve into a bowl.
- Add the hot water to the flaxseed, stir and let set for about 10-20 minutes to allow solids to settle out.
- Strain into a pitcher, add honey and chill before serving.
- Toasted, unhulled barley and sunflower seeds are sometimes added to telba for additional flavor.