Recipe by solojoh
This is a tried and true recipe from an allergy filled household. I also use this recipe for waffles, just mixing a slightly thinner batter.
- 2 cups teff flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar (only if using milk below)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil or 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups kefir
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat griddle or skillet.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add oil and milk and stir until just moistened.
- You may need a little more milk or flour to make the consistency right, so adjust as needed.
- If eggs are not a problem for you, you can use 2 eggs instead of the flax seed. Add the eggs with the wet ingredients.
- Cook on greased griddle on medium heat until bubbles begin to pop and stay open. Flip and cook until the other side is lightly browned.