Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Thanks to my friend Ted here is a lite satisfying dessert that has great fresh flavor. Substitute any fruit that you want. The steps & ingredients are vague but I leave it up to you to satisfy your sweet tooth. I don't add any sweetener. The amount of milk used depends on the juiciness of the fruit .Enjoy without guilt! The number of servings depends on your craving.
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 -2 cup skim milk
- Splenda sugar substitute or other artificial sweetener
- In a blender or food processor blend the banana& strawberry until smooth.
- Slowly add just enough milk to have a smooth but still thick consistency.
- Add enough sweetener for your taste of sweet flavor.
- Remove and cut into chunks.
- Whip until smooth.
- Cover and refreeze.
- Serve with fresh fruit or on it's own.
This is a very nice lite dessert. It is time consuming and can be messy, but is worth it. I used a bag of frozen strawberries and a bag of frozen blackberries that I had defrosted in the microwave. Then I added a frozen banana (still frozen) and some splenda. I ended up using about a cup of skim milk. After it had been frozen for the first time it was labor intensive to whir in the food processor. I had to do it in batches and as it defrosted a bit it got messy. But then I refroze it. To serve I took chunks out (I froze it in a freezer plastic bag and hit it against the counter to break off chunks) and put them through the food processor because I prefered that texture. It looks grainy in the food processor, but once you put it in a bowl and it starts to melt a bit, it is a nice sorbet-ish texture. Thanks!