Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so cute. My kids love these and are asking me to make them for school all the time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 1⁄2 ounces of brown decorator frosting
- 24 red miniature candy covered plain chocolate candies
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar and butter.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, blend well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats and baking soda, mix well.
- Add to brown sugar mixture, blend well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 375.
- For each bear, form two 1/2 inch balls and one 1 1/2 inch ball.
- Place the large ball on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place smaller ones on top to form ears.
- Flatten dough slightly.
- Crimp edges with fork.
- Repeat with remaining dough, placing large balls of dough 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for 7 - 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool completely.
- To decorate, use small round tip on decorator icing/.
- Pipe icing on each cookie for eyes and mouth.
- For nose, use small amount of icing to secure candy coated chocolate piece on cookie.
- Let icing set before storing.