Prep 23 mins
Cook 34 mins
this is the name my family called there first pizza he came up with in honour of the fallen Native American Tecumseh a Shawnee Native American who lost his life trying to protect his land from the settlers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled tomatoes, drained and seeded (Progresso)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13 inch) pizza dough
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, cut into julienne strips (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups buffalo
- Cut tomatoes into chunks and marinate in 1 tablespoon olive oil with garlic and salt.
- Brush dough crust lightly with olive oil. Top with cheese, then tomatoes .
- fry buffalo meat and top on pizza.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in preheated 500° F oven on pizza stone for 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with parmesan cheese and basil. Cool on a wire rack for 2-3 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.