Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
If you want an extra taste of cinnamon in your drink, use a cinnamon-flavored black tea or a cinnamon-flavored herb tea.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 12 small slice orange peel
- 12 small slice lemon peel
- 9 cups freshly brewed hot black tea
- milk (optional) or cream, to tste (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract (optional)
- Melt the butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir in the brown sugar, allspice, cinnmon, nutmeg, and cloves and allow the mixture to cool. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- To serve, combine in each cup 1 teaspoon of the grog mixture, 1 strip of orange peel, and 1 strip of lemon peel. Add 6 ounces of tea and stir. You can also add milk or cream or 1/8 teaspoon rum extract to each cup of grog, if desired.
- VARIATION: Omit the allspice and cinnamon and double the amount of ground nutmeg and cloves. Proceed as directed above.
A very nice seasonal hot drink for the non-drinker! Like a hot-buttered rum. Will be having this often over the holidays. Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.