I love tavuk gogsu and never fail to order it when I go to my favourite Anatolian Restaurant. Anyway, the pudding is 'singed' (caramelized) on one side and is totally delicious - and yes, that chicken breast in the list of ingredients. Interesting, yes?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken in a saucepan filled with water and allow it to come to the boil. Reduce the temperature and let it simmer until the chicken is fully cooked, approximately 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the saucepan, cool, pat dry and shred into very, very fine shreds. Mix the rice flour or corn starch with some milk. Add the cream, sugar and the rest of the milk to a pot and boil.
- 2Once the mixture reaches boiling, add a few spoonfuls of it to the rice flour slurry, to temper it, and then slowly empty the slurry into the pot and add the extract. Whisk the mixture constantly. As soon as it starts to thicken, add the shredded chicken and continue stirring until it is thick and set.
- 3Melt the butter in a heavy skillet and pour the pudding inches Cook, over medium-low heat, without stirring for 8-10 minutes, until it is caramelized (singed) underneath.
- 4Allow the pudding to cool in the skillet and serve from there. To serve - cut into pieces and 'flip' a piece onto a plate - the singed part should be on top.
- 5Delicious served with either Whipped Cream or Ice Cream. (plain is good, too).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tavuk Gogsu (Caramelized Turkish Creamy Chicken Breast Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.4
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 128.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 10.3 g