- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (thawed or frozen)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces wine (your choice)
- 3⁄4 cup rice (white or brown)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the Cream of Chicken, Celerey, and Mushroom soups with one can's worth of wine.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour sauce mixture overtop so that it covers the chicken.
- When the oven is heated, place the dish in the oven, bake for two hours.
- While baking the chicken, cook 3/4 cup of rice.
- Serve chicken over rice, pour spoonfuls of additional sauce overtop or mix with rice separately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I love this recipe and have made it several times now! I don't even have to thaw the chicken before putting it in, which is great for me cause I frequently forget to get the chicken out the night before. One of my favorite ways to make this is to add some bell peppers to it, just the frozen ones work great but fresh is good too. This recipe is great AND easy! Thanks!
The most delicious baked chicken with a creamy sauce that goes great with rice. This is the first recipe that I ever learned how to make and is still my favorite meal. . The type of wine used really does not matter. I've tried whites, red, cabernets, etc (a five dollar bottle of wine goes a long way with this recipe). They all work the same, but obviously different color wines mean different color sauces. Preparation time for the rice will depend on whether you use minute rice or the rice that takes about half an hour to cook. Doubling the recipe (using two cans of each soup and wine) can be easily used for up to 5 lbs of chicken. I especially loved this dish while I was in college as it was easy to make, inexpensive, filling, and would make for about 5 or more meals.