Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious and filling, but very healthy! This dish is low in fat and calories and is vegan. It's very easy to make in a crockpot, as well.
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 6 cups water
- 4 (12 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 8 garlic cloves
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 head pak choi (or any other spicy greens like kale, mustard, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- Fill a large stock pot with vegetable stock, water, tomatoes and their juice.
- Chop garlic, add it to the pot and bring contents to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the desired amount of pepper and the rice and resume boiling until rice is tender.
- After the rice is done, clean and roughly chop greens and add them.
- Once greens have wilted, remove pot from heat and add bragg's.
- This soup is wonderful with a simpe salad and biscuits and tastes even better on the second day.
I love this soup! I've made it with fire-roasted (canned) diced tomatoes and tatsoi, and it's always fantastic. Don't skimp on the garlic, and you'll have many hearty meals out of this.
Yuck! This was a very bland and boring recipe. It needs some more flavor. The Braggs doesn't do it.