Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Goes well with a hot cup of coffee or tea or even Cola any time of the day ! Promised to deliver great taste !
- 2 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons relish sandwich spread or 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 leaf lettuce
- Toast the bread slices till slightly brown (make sure they don't become hard) Coat the bread slices with mayonnaise.
- Fry the egg adding salt and pepper.
- Calories watchers can boil the egg instead of frying.
- Place the egg and lettuce between the two slices and enjoy!
Made this for breakfast and omitted the lettuce but thoroughly enjoyed this very filling breakfast using 2 eggs, thank you Mini Ravindran, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
I haven't had this sandwich in years. My Mom use to make them all the time. The only thing we do different is to add sliced tomatoes to the sandwich. This was the first time my husband had this sandwich and he really liked it. He ate 2. Thanks Mini R. Bullwinkle
This was darn good at 1am on Saturday night! Easy, filling and tasty. Thanks!