Recipe by Skipper/Sy
If you enjoy Asian flavors, then this fast and easy dish is the one to try. Fresh salmon fillets are placed on a bed of Chinese/Napa Cabbage. Then “Topped Off” with green onions, ginger, soy sauce and hot sesame oil. Served this lunch dish warm or at room temperature, it is “Simply Delicious.”
- 1 lb salmon, 4 fillets (or one big piece)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill, chopped and washed to remove sand
- 3 green onions, clean and cut up into long thin 1 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 -4 cups napa cabbage or 3 -4 cups Chinese cabbage, cut up into medium bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh rosemary needles, remove needs from the hard stems
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dish pour the wine on the salmon, sprinkle with a little salt (optional), then turn fish over to coat the other side, on the non-skin side of the salmon, place the rosemary needles, then set aside.
- In a small frying pan, add 2 or more tablespoons of sesame oil, set aside.
- Mix in a cup the corn starch and chicken stock, set aside.
- Cooking Instructions.
- In a non-stick frying pan add 1 tablespoon of oil and then place the fish (4 fillets or 1 big piece) with the skin side down and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then turn the fish over and cook the second side (with the rosemary needles) for about 3 minutes, do not over cook, then remove from stove top.
- If using one big piece of fish, cut into four individual fillet servings, set aside.
- In a non-stick frying pan add 1 tablespoon of oil, add the Chinese/Napa Cabbage, a little salt to taste and stir-fry for about 1-2 minute.
- Then add the dill, toss, next add the cornstarch/chicken stock and stir-fry 1 minute longer, make sure it is not over cooked.
- Place the cabbage in four separate serving dished, then place the four salmon fillets on top of the bed of cabbage.
- Next place some scallions and ginger on top of the individual salmon fillets.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of soy sauce on each piece of fish.
- Next heat the sesame oil until almost smoking, then pour a little over each fish, this will cook the scallions and ginger slightly, (be careful that the hot oil does not splatter as you pour).
- Serve and Enjoy!