Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is really delicious and so easy to prepare! The chicken juices mix with the butter and give the potatoes such a wonderful flavor and crunch. I make it with a mix of thighs (with the skin and bone-in - cut in half) and boneless breasts. The dark meat and skin/bones give the dish a great chicken flavor that is missing with just boneless breasts. This is also great with sweet/hot Italian sausages (with or without the chicken)
- 2 lbs chicken (a mix of white and dark meat, at least some with skin & bones)
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 lemons
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F Place scrubbed potatoes (with skins on) in glass pie pan.
- Cover with another plate and microwave 15 minutes on 80% power (or use your microwave automatic settings for potatoes) Slice cooked potatoes with skin on- 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Place sliced potatoes around freshly cleaned chicken pieces in a large oiled baking pan.
- Sprinkle chickens and potatoes with olive oil, garlic salt* and pepper, oregano, and squeezed lemon juice.
- Place chunks of butter around chickens and onto potatoes.
- Also place a lemon wedge freshly squeezed beside chicken.
- Place inside oven at 350 degrees F.
- Baste chicken and potatoes with juices from the pan for added moisture.
- Chickens will be done when skins are crispy brown and juice from legs run clear.
- Serve the meal with a green salad, and crusty bread, slightly toasted, to dip into the juices.
- This is also good with Italian sausages (1 lb- hot and/or sweet) either WITH the chicken or made in-place of the chicken.