Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick & easy stir fry using beef - adapted from a recipe in the March/April edition of the Morrisons magazine. Time to make doesn't include overnight marinating.
- 450 g sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1⁄2 cm gingerroot, peeled & grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 200 g sugar snap peas
- 150 g chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Put the strips of beef in a shallow, non metallic dish. Mix the soy sauce vinegar, honey, garlic & ginger together & pur over the beef. Cover, place in the refridgerator & marinate over night or for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan & add the sugar snap peas & mushrooms. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, then remove vegetables with a slotted spoon & set aside.
- Remove the beef from the marinade & add to the wok / pan. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the vegetables along with the marinade & spring onions to the wok.
- Stir fry for 1 minute. Divide between 4 bowls, serve with noodles & scatter the sesame seeds over the top of each portion.
Very easy and very good! Mostly uses ingredients I usually have in the house. Thanks!
Made this along with a selection of stir fries earlier in the week - excellent! Loved the marinade and will be using it for a variety of meats.I didn't have the chestnut mushrooms but since my button mushrooms were already browning I would think they were a good sub. Made and served in little bowls - 2 bowls with noodles and 2 with rice. Both good but I was partial to the rice - reminded me of a lovely rice bowl enjoyed in one of my favorite restaurants.
made for family picks - this was a nice dish - I used a skirt steak instead of sirlion - flavor was really good - thanks for sharing your recipe