Recipe by Lacer
This recipe came from a little mom 'n' pop restaurant in Lincoln Nebraska called "Tastee's". They sold some of their most popular recipes in little booklets for $2.95 back in the 70's, and this is exactly how it was stated in the booklet. This dip is what they served with their onion chips, but it's also good with regular chips or veggies.
Top Review by mommyoffour
Delicious!!! I made this to go with some onion chips, breaded cauliflower and breaded mushrooms. We loved it. I will make often as we also like it with wavy potato chips too. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 (16 ounce) container large curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning (MSG)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cottage cheese in a bowl, add half the milk.
- Mix thoroughly with an electric mixer, adding remaining milk while mixing, until the cottage cheese has lost it's identity.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix quickly until the sour cream has had time to whip up to its limit.
- Be sure not to whip too long as it will start to drop in volume.