Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
One of the most mouth watering lasagnas ever! This came out of the Houston is Cooking 2000 edition.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin steaks, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 8 ounces maytag blue cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh herb, divided (parsley,basil,thyme,oregano)
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet, and brown meat to medium rare; set aside.
- Blend cheeses, 2 tablespoons herbs, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Blanch noodles until pliable; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Line bottom of oiled lasagna pan with noodles; place half the beef on top, then cover with half the cheese mix.
- Repeat the layering and finish with noodles.
- Brush last layer of noodles with oil and sprinkle remaining herbs on top.
- Cover with foil and bake 40-50 minutes until center is hot.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately.