Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is based on the pesto recipe found in Vegan Planet, but I changed it to my taste and this is what resulted. Everyone that I've given this to loves it.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I like to use celtic sea salt)
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil (I use different varieties of basil from my garden, opal, lemon, clove and sweet and combine them all)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, finely grind the garlic, almonds and salt together.
- Add the basil and the oregano and process until minced.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and pulse a couple of times until minced.
- While the machine is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream through the tube until the pesto is blended into a paste.
- Store in the refrigerator in a bowl, spread a thin layer of olive oil on top to prevent discoloration.