Recipe by Tish
This is a beautiful way to serve chicken salad. Looks and tastes elegant. Thank you cooking club
Top Review by ReeLani
Fantastic! I made this last night and couldn't wait for lunch today to try it. I added some dry minced onion and peppercorns and white wine to the pot the chicken cooked in, so it was delicately flavored already. This dressing is a superb combination of tastes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tarragon wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped plus 4 sprigs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped &,divided
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped &,divided
- 4 large lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in large skillet or dutch oven.
- Add enough water to cover chicken.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from liquid.
- Cool and cut into 1/2" cubes In a small bowl, blend together mayonnaise and sour cream, stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in walnut oil until blended.
- Stir in chopped tarragon and chives.
- Reserve 2 Tbs of the apricots and 2 Tbs walnuts for garnish, then add remainder to mayonnaise mixture.
- Mix well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours or until well chilled.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each plate and mound chicken salad onto leaves.
- Sprinkle with reserved walnuts and apricots, then garnish with tarragon sprigs.
- *Ifyou don't have walnut oil you can toast the walnuts before chopping them to bring out their flavor and substitute 2 Tbs of cream for the walnut oil.