Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Excellent sauce for poached fish or anything else.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup tarragon leaf
- 2 -4 tablespoons parsley sprigs, chopped
- lemon juice, fresh
- Melt 1 T butter over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until soft but not brown (less than 1 minute).
- Add wine and gently boil uncovered until all of liquid is evaporated and shallots make a sizzle noise.
- Mix 1/4 cup of poaching liquid or chicken broth to onions. DO NOT ADD MORE - it will be too thin.
- When liquid simmers over medium heat whisk in 1 T butter at a time. Wait until the previous on e almost melts before adding another.
- Add lemon juice and salt continuing to whisk. Turn off heat.
- Add tarragon and parsley and onion mix to blender. Process until smooth.