- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, dried tarragon, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Brush half of the mixture over chicken.
- Bake chicken 1 1/4 hours or until thermometer reads 180 degrees, brushing occasionally with lemon mixture.
- Remove from oven, cover and let rest 10 minutes before carving.